May 26, 2022
Zero-Waste Bone Broth
- Veggie scraps - Carrot skins/ends, onion skins/ends, potato peel + celery
- Chicken Frame/leftover bones
- 1x Garlic bulb - Halved
- 2x Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Herbs from the garden/fridge
- Filtered Water
- Add carcasses/leftover bones to an extra-large stockpot
- Add veggie scraps + garlic bulb
- Top with 8 litres of filtered water or until the water is at the top of the pot ensuring all bones/veggies are covered
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar
- Bring the pot to a boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer and leave for approx 12-24 hours. (The longer the boil the more nutrient-dense the broth becomes.)
- Keep topping up the water if you want to keep the high volume of broth.
- Add in the herbs 1 hour before finishing.
- Strain the broth into jars (leaving enough space for expansion - if freezing)
Enjoy the gut-healing broth warm in your insulated Fressko flask.